(All fees are payable at registration.)
Student Service Fee
A service fee of $16.94 per semester credit hour ($250 maximum) is charged to all students attending the university. This fee is used to support student activities such as the Student Government Association, student musical organizations, The South Texan, the New Student Orientation and numerous other student activities
An athletic fee of $20 per semester credit hour ($260 maximum) is charged to all students attending the university. Students are entitled to free admission to all varsity and recreational sports, athletic contests and other special activities.
A flat fee charged at the rate of $57 per semester. Funds are used to support the Student Health Center, supplies and all operational needs of that center.
Student Center Fee
A flat fee charged at the rate of $80 per semester. Funds are used to support special activities for the students. In addition, a portion has been used for the renovation of the Memorial Student Union.
Rec Sports Fee
This is a flat fee that is charged at $135 per semester. Funds will be used to maintain and operate recreational sports facilities and programs.
University Services Fee
Created to consolidate previously separated fees and used to support the following areas:
- Computer Use – Used to support information technology infrastructure including purchasing computers to maintain student labs on campus and to create new facilities for students.
- Library Access – Used to fund the electronic network and the maintenance of the library.
- Instructional Enhancement – Used to provide additional learning materials that will enhance the educational value for the student.
- International Education – Used to support cultural diversity within the student body and to enhance student knowledge of other countries through international study and scholarships.
- Transcripts – Used to pay the cost of printing transcripts upon request for current and former students as well as to enhance our ability to serve our students’ needs through the electronic transcript process.
- ID Cards – Used to support the new student IDs and the cost of operation.
- Graduation – Used to offset the costs associated with the commencement ceremony, diplomas, diploma covers and conducting the commencement ceremonies held each May, August and December.
- Environmental Service – Used to provide environmental improvements at the institution through services related to recycling, energy efficiency, renewable energy, transportation, employment, product purchasing, planning and maintenance or irrigation.
- Transportation and Safety – Used to provide unlimited free access to all students to the on-campus and off-campus services, expanded service and for the operating expenses of the transportation facilities on campus.
- Advising – Used to support advising, mentoring and academic support for students.