Student Financial Aid Programs
Raul Cavazos, Director
Memorial Student Union Building Room 132
The Office of Student Financial Aid assists students in obtaining financial help through a variety of federal, state, institutional, and private sources in order to supplement their own contribution to a college education. The financial gap between the cost of an education and monies available from the family can be complemented by grants, loans, scholarships and/or student employment. The office updates the types of aid available annually.
Please visit the Financial Aid Webpage for current policies, procedures, and requirements.
Financial Aid Application Deadlines
Time is a very critical part when applying for financial aid. The following are the institutional priority deadlines indicate the date financial aid applications must be completed to insure maximum grant eligibility:
|Spring only||November 1|
|Summer Sessions||May 1|
Verification Priority Deadline
Steps in Applying for Financial Aid
- A student must be admitted into a degree-seeking program to be eligible for financial aid. An application for admission to Texas A&M University-Kingsville can be completed on line at: https://goapplytexas.org/ website.
- Apply for a student FSA ID. Your FSA ID will allow you to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and access your application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications can be filled out beginning of October 1 of each year. Our School Code is 003639. Students must list Texas A&M University-Kingsville as one of the college/university choices in the FAFSA to be considered for financial aid at this university. Completion of the FAFSA requires certain financial information including the student's and spouse's (if applicable) income tax return. Those who do not file a tax return must use proper income or benefit sources to complete it. These include child support and other untaxed income or benefits. It is recommended that the FAFSA be completed at FASFA Website.
- The U.S. Department of Education will review and process your FAFSA information, notifying you via e-mail that a Student Aid Report (SAR) has been produced and is ready for review. Our office will send you an e-mail notification when the SAR has been received.
- Monitor your application status on JNET. The Department of Education may randomly select your application for a process called Verification. At such time, you will be required to submit additional information and/or documents.
To allow time for accurate processing, the deadline to submit verification documents to TAMUK for the term you are registered for in the respective year is:
Financial Aid Process
Students must complete the FAFSA every year. The federal school code for Texas A&M University-Kingsville is 003639.
- Once the application process is completed, the Office of Student Financial Aid Services will prepare a financial aid package to help meet the student’s financial need. The amount of the financial aid awarded is dependent on the student’s enrollment status. The aid award will be disbursed each semester.
- Students will be notified that they have been awarded via their university email.
- The school will first use the aid to pay tuition and fees and room and board charges. Any remainder will be disbursed to the student via check or director deposit through BankMobile.
- Funds from grants and scholarships will be readily available, but loans require additional steps to be completed at Studentloans.gov.
- Work-study is awarded to those students who meet the priority deadline, but the individual student must find a position in order to receive the funds. Work-study funds are disbursed as they are earned.
- It is the responsibility of the student to make payment arrangements should the financial assistance not cover the total educational expenses.
Award Offer Review
The student will need to log in to JNET to access and review the financial aid package and indicate the intended action (Accept/Reduce Award Amount/Decline) as to the aid offered.
If accepting a Direct Student Loan (Unsubsidized for graduate students), the student must complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) online. Loan Entrance Counseling and the MPN need to be completed prior to disbursement of Direct Loan funds, otherwise release of the funds will be delayed. It is recommended that these loan application requirements be satisfied 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the semester of first enrollment.
Applicants must be accepted for admission, pre-registered for classes and have all financial aid documents completed and on file before financial aid funds can be disbursed.
Students must reapply each year for financial aid and scholarships. Applicants must maintain satisfactory academic progress to be eligible for financial aid. Students must complete a separate Summer Application to be considered for summer financial aid.
Awards are subject to revision based on academic or enrollment status.
For more information, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid Services at (361) 593-5372;
Office of Student Financial Aid, MSC 115
Kingsville, Texas 78363