The Student's Permanent Record


Official transcripts of the student's academic record may be requested in writing from the Office of the Registrar or online. The student should provide his/her complete name as recorded while attending the university (or the name changed to after leaving the university), student identification number or last four digits of his/her social security number, date of birth, first and last enrollment, contact phone number, number of transcripts requesting (up to the maximum number allowed) and the address where the transcript(s) are to be mailed. All transcript requests must be signed by the student. Failure to sign the request will void the request and the request will not be processed. Transcript requests may be faxed or e-mailed but must have all required information and signature to be processed.

A student must provide identification at the Javelina Enrollment Services Center when picking up a copy of a transcript in person. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, and amendments thereto, states that parents, spouse, legal guardian or others are not authorized to pick up transcripts of students unless written authorization by the student is provided.


All students, including continuing education students, should clear any holds they have on their records immediately. Failure to clear a hold causes delays and inconvenience when trying to obtain copies of transcripts through the mail or in person. Since a hold on the record may affect a student from obtaining/viewing grades at the end of the semester, students should be sure they do not have any holds before final examinations start. Students with a registration hold on their record will not be permitted to register.

Change of Name, Address or Social Security Number

Students who wish to change their name in the student information system (which will appear on their transcript and diploma) must provide original legal documentation of the change to the Office of the Registrar. Not advising the Office of the Registrar of a legal name change may cause transcript requests and registration problems. Social Security Number (SSN) must be changed by providing the original SSN card with the new/correct number. Students who change their address should notify the Office of the Registrar, Financial Aid Office and the Business Office.

Death of a Student

The death of a currently enrolled student should be reported to the Dean of Student's Office and the Office of the Registrar immediately. After confirming the death, the Office of the Registrar closes all student records and codes the student information system to block mailings to the deceased.