Number of Physical Activity Courses

No more than four semesters of kinesiology activity courses may be counted toward a degree, except for the kinesiology majors and minors.

Maximum Number of Hours in Religion

No more than 12 semester hours in religion may be counted toward any degree.

Correspondence Work

No credit earned by correspondence on a course previously failed in residence may be counted toward a degree at this university.

Graduation Under a Particular Catalog

A student may be graduated under a catalog of any year in which the student was registered as a degree-seeking student, provided that requirements are met within five years of the date of the catalog chosen1, and provided that the institution offers courses listed as requirements. Should a student wish to change a catalog, he/she must first consult with his/her academic advisor and, subject to the Dean's discretion and applicable program accreditation requirements, must secure the Dean's approval. It is incumbent on the student to verify that the change appears in the degree plan. 

If the student has not enrolled in the university in the past two years, he/she must meet graduation requirements in the catalog in effect at the time of re-entry as a degree-seeking student. The student may also choose to graduate under any catalog published subsequent to the term of re-entry as a degree-seeking student. 

Students who change their majors at this university, provided they have not interrupted their enrollment as a degree-seeking student at Texas A&M University-Kingsville for more than one year, may graduate under the general degree requirements stated in the catalog in effect at the time of first enrollment at the university, but must satisfy the college and major degree requirements stated in the catalog in effect at the time the change in major becomes effective. 

Application for Graduation

A student who plans to receive a degree from Texas A&M University-Kingsville must apply for graduation via the online process in Blue and Gold Connection. An "Application for Candidacy" must be submitted to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs by the deadline date designated in the Academic Calendar. The online Academic Calendar should be consulted for specific application and deadline dates. The degree will not be conferred unless the candidate has completed the application process on or before the designated deadline.

Use of Official Name on Diploma

Students applying for graduation must use their official name as listed on their permanent record in the Office of the Registrar. No nicknames or any other informal name will be allowed. All printed information, including diplomas, will list a student's official name. Students requesting a name other than their official name on their diploma must change their name on their permanent record.

Graduation in Absentia

Graduation in absentia will be permitted only under special conditions stated in writing and approved by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.

A Second Bachelor's Degree

Two degrees of the same type (B.B.A., B.A., B.S., etc.) will not be awarded concurrently from the same college (at the same graduation). A single degree with a double major will be awarded.

The applicant for a second bachelor’s degree must complete all residence requirements, the specific course requirements of the second degree and meet the required grade point average.