Javelina Jumpstart Program
The Javelina Jumpstart Program is designed for high school students who wish to enroll in the University during the fall and/spring semester of their senior year and who are not planning to use the courses completed at the university are part of their high school program. Students cannot participate in the High School Dual Enrollment Program and the Javelina Jumpstart Program simultaneously. The following requirements for admission to the Javelina Jumpstart Program must be met.
- The student must be enrolled in high school, pursuing a college prep curriculum at the senior level.
- A 3.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale) overall high school average is required.
- Minimum test score of at least 1030 on the SAT, 950 on the old SAT or 20 Composite on the ACT.
- A parent or guardian and the high school principal must recommend the student by signing the Javelina Jumpstart Program approval form.
- The student must qualify for college level courses by being exempt from TSI assessment through ACT, SAT, TAKS or STAAR or by passing all sections of the TSI Assessment.
- Enrollment will be limited to a maximum of seven (7) hours each long term (fall or spring) or four (4) hours each summer session.
Students can apply for admission online at ApplyTexas.org. The student must also complete the Javelina Jumpstart Program Approval form and submit it along with a copy of their official high school transcript, ACT or SAT scores, and $25.00 application fee to:
Office of Admission
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
700 University Blvd.
Kingsville, TX 78363
Javelina Jumpstart students must be advised by academic advisors in their intended major. Students participating in this program will register for classes and pay all regular tuition and fees during the regular registration period.